

I just read abt the big news about Google Chrome OS yesterday. Not sure what Google wants to do and where they will place Android. Some time back I did read a news that Dell is planing to port Android on netbooks and now this comes. I think these are the reasons why Linux cud not make it to desktop market ever. The open source gives such troubles along with the the powers.
Why Google does not stick with android, create a bigger version for netbooks, what extra with this chrome OS will have than android. This is like Motorola, they had their hands in every OS be in Symbian, Linux, Windows CE, Android, UIQ. The customers got confused and gradually they dumbed the whole products. I still do not know why Ubuntu was not taken up by Google when they funded it and made two variations, they went to Android and now Chrome OS. They made Dalvik on Android now added Native SDK. I am not sure Google knows what to do apart from Search and Web.
Linux needs to be nurtured for Desktop market else it will be only for server class machines and not for the common user.
Thats the reason Apple stands so much ahead in such cases (actually in all cases). They have nurtured the Unix during last two decades and they have that on Mac and also on iPhones, they do not confuse users with 100 OS terms and UI.
2 comments:
Ubuntu is funded by a SOuth African millionaire Mark Shuttleworth and not by google.
yeah but Google has many developers on Ubuntu, all Android SDK was made available on Ubuntu. The whole point of the blog is to discuss the Linux Chaos. So many versions and none is the perfect.
Post a Comment