Thursday, May 14, 2009

Stop flying by Air France !

I have myself felt this and here are some real stories which really disturb. Its a shame for such countries who claim to be developed and from first world and believing in racial discrimination. This is far worse from discrimination on the basis or religion or caste.

Racial bias: Air France says sorry to passengers

Puneet Bhatia,New delhi,says:I happen to be a "Platinum Member" of KLM/ Air France's frequent flyer program "Flying Blue" and I have to agree with what has happened. The airline especially their ground staff are highly racial and that is what I experienced last year in Amsterdam. I saw in front of me European passengers being treated preferentially, there was a couple who got an upgrade by KLM just because they happened to be Dutch (in front of me, without paying anything) while I was refused even an upgrade even though I was willing to pay up by my miles. I told the staff supervisor about my ill-health and that I was willing to redeem miles for an upgrade, but she was rude and threatened to remove me from the flight. I travelled without food on the flight because they had a non-veg meal and when i returned I had to spend 7 days recovering from the trauma. I have since ceased to fly with KLM. Due to their racial and biased attitude, I had to fly 10 hours without food and also basic amenities one would expect that can be extended to a frequent flyer. It is so frustrating that we dont have a forum in India to highlight the racial attitude of the European airlines. I wish there was a forum created by Govt. of India on prventing racial abuse of Indians outside of India.
[14 May, 2009 1608hrs IST]

Taposh Chatterjee,Boston,says:I am very frequent travel - travelling on an average 1 to 15 times world wide. I have been doing this for the last 22 years. I always make it a point NOT to travel by Air France no matter how inconvenient it is. I have had some very bitter experience with Air France thrice. In one case I flew from Braga, Portugal to Paris to take a connecting flight to Delhi - the inbound flight to Paris from Braga was delayed and consequently I missed my connecting flight to New Delhi. In Spite of having French Visa - Air France just did not care. I spent more then an hour running round trying to get them to give me hotel, transportation - all in vein. In the end I spent my own money to go to a hotel to stay for the night and then take the next morning flight to Delhi. This treatment was melted out to me in spite of being a Business Class passenger - I can well understand what must be happening to Economy Class. I suppose Air France believes in service on the basis of nationality and the colour of ones skin. It is high time DGCA or other authority take action. In the mean time I would appeal to all Indians worldwide including India to boycott all Air France flights
[14 May, 2009 1606hrs IST]

Vishal Shinde,London,says:I think Air France has habbit of doing mistakes and then saying sorry. The same incidence happened with me. I fought back and got 500 Euro as compensation after my complain(in 2004). In my case, Air France also provided me visa and arranged for a stay in Hotel. In this case there are 52 people who can fight back and claim for good compensation. Mere sorry will not do....
[14 May, 2009 1605hrs IST]

No comments: